Updated: 5/21/20 at 9:18 a.m.
Statements from Jim Gerlach, GRCA’s new CEO & President
- Letter to GRCA Membership
- A memo from GRCA to state & federal legislators promoting Limited COVID-19 Business Liability Protection
- GRCA calls for bipartisan task force to aid reopening PA efforts
- GRCA supports the Berks County Commissioners in their “Stop the Spread” Campaign
- A Letter to Gov. Wolf regarding the construction industry and the waiver process.
- COVID-19 Relief Bill Letter
- Gov. Wolf’s Process to Reopen Pennsylvania
- Gov. Wolf Orders Masks and In-Person Safety Measures for businesses
- PA Department of Health FAQs for Gov. Wolf’s orders for mask and in-person safety measures for businesses
- Coronavirus Small Business Guide
- What the Families First Coronavirus Response Act could mean for your business
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce summary of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- CDC Guidance for Essential Workers
- The U.S. Department of Labor has issued a new required poster to hang in your business.
- CDC main site offers more info on COVID-19
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce offers resources and updates for businesses
- PA Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Resource page
- National Association of Manufacturers shares its resources here
- Do you have an employee that will not come back to work because they are making more on Unemployment Compensation? Notify the Department of Labor & Industries within seven days of offering an employee a position by submitting the UC-1921W Form. The employee can be denied Unemployment Compensation for any week in which their unemployment is due to failure, without good cause, to accept suitable work.
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) began accepting applications for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) exclusively for agricultural businesses.
- U.S. Department of the Treasury: Assistance for Small Businesses
- FAQ document from the U.S. Senate Committee for Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Recorded Webinar: CARES Bill Explanation with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Emergency Loans Guide & Checklist
- RKL, LLP outlines the key provisions of the CARES Act and explains what families, small businesses and employers can expect.
The non-profit Pennsylvania 30 Day Fund provides forgivable loans for Pennsylvania-based small businesses. The forgivable loan is intended to provide immediate financial assistance (within maximum three days) to meet payroll, preserve healthcare coverage for employees and save jobs while they await recently approved federal funding.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation has launched the Save Small Business Grant Fund. Funded by contributions from corporate and philanthropic partners, the program provides $5,000 supplemental grants to small employers in economically vulnerable communities.
- Ag Resources & Information Newsletter – A cooperative effort between the GRCA and the Berks County Department of Agriculture through the support of the Berks County Commissioners.
- Food Safety and COVID-19
- Provide employees with documentation
for travel to work
- FAQ Available to Offer Guidance on Hours
of Service for Livestock Haulers
- USDA and Department of Labor Partnering
to Assist H2A Employers
- Are you in need of temporary employees? Post the temporary position on Pa Americana’s website. Here are step by step instructions.
- Customizable COVID-19 flyer
- EEOC Issues Guidance Related To What Employers Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act and COVID-19
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (H.R. 6201): Key Provisions for Employers
- Terminations, furloughs, layoffs
- The Pennsylvania Restaurant & Lodging Association provides daily industry updates here.
- Tell legislators how COVID-19 is impacting your business.
- AHLA launched Hotels for Hope Initiative, which is currently accepting donations. Right now it is offering free training and educational courses for industry employees.
- PRLA, through our Educational Foundation, has launched Hospitality Assistance Response of Pennsylvania (HARP). They are currently accepting donations to the fund and will be opening assistance applications soon.
- Yelp offers relief for restaurants and bars.
- The Above and Beyond Foundation is providing urgent grants to hospitality industry workers that have lost their jobs. Learn more.
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQs for Small Businesses
- The FDA has temporarily relaxed menu labeling law rules to help restaurants quickly adjust standard menu items and ordering platforms.
- Calling all members offering take out & gift cards! Please email Melissa Hassler, Member Specialist, with a link to your gift certificate purchase page and details about your take out procedure. We will be adding these links on our website to help promote you!
- Hotel closure check-list / Restaurant closure check-list
- Letters are available for essential businesses to give to employees, especially those in “stay at home” counties. Travel is not restricted in these counties and no one is requiring proof at this point. However, these templates are available now in case restrictions are applied in the future. Hotel Letter | Restaurant Letter
- GRCA is offering several webinars to help members navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. View the GRCA webinar calendar.
- Get CDC updates on Facebook
- Get CDC updates on Twitter
- Download PA Department of Health social media content
- Reading Eagle now has FREE ACCESS to all COVID-19-related content
- BCAC Meeting with Congressman Dan Meuser | Password: 6V+%51lP
- Berks County Commissioners COVID-19 Update & An In-Depth Look at the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan
- CARES Act: What It Means for Your Business | Password: 2t#T7#&0
- Connecting and Leveraging Your Company’s #1 Asset | Password: 6x#..0&1
- COVID-19: Unemployment and Employee Benefits | Password: Tompkins2020
- Dealing with Fear and Anxiety During Crisis
- Dealing with Financial Stress
- Digital Marketing & Coronavirus: What’s Right for my Business | Password: S5+$*+m. | Strunk Media Group’s Resource Sheet
- How to Master Working from Home | Password: S2+!7qH^
- Jump-start Your Weekend with Rachael : Tips for Working Remotely
- Leading in Crisis
- Member Resource Wednesday – Your Zoom Presence: Networking + Selling | Password: 1E$O676t
- OSHA Regulatory Requirements-Applied to COVID19 Pandemic
- Predatory Lenders | Password: 1A#9&82&
- Small Business Administration Town Hall | Password: 6v#&61K=
- Strategies for Remote Workers
- U.S. CARES Bill Explanation with U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Find out what businesses are open for business during COVID-19 by accessing our COVID-19 Business Map here.
We want to know if you are open for business! Take-out, curbside, delivery, virtual, online, phone, etc. – let us and the community know! Add your business by opening the map and clicking “Add a Business” in the top right of the mapping tool. Follow the steps and fill out the information to have your company’s information added.
If you need assistance, please contact:
Derek Harris at 610-898-7789 or [email protected]
- PA has suspended the mandatory week-waiting period to apply for unemployment. Apply here.
- Self-employed workers, independent contractors and gig workers can apply for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance here.
- Emergency food assistance
- Many essential businesses are in need of temporary employees. View temporary job here.
- Q&A: How can U.S. Coronavirus relief package help you?
- Visit the IRS Website for more information on your Economic Impact Payments:
- Check your payment status
- Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
- Enter your bank account information
- Brewer’s Bar & Grill
- Cafe Sweet Street
- Circle S Ranch House
- Cloud Nine Café
- Clover Hill
- Delivery Dudes – GRCA members gets free delivery with coupon code found in our member directory
- Folino Estate
- Franklyn’s Breakfast, Burger’s & Shakes
- Go Fish! Seafood
- Isaac’s Famous Grilled Sandwiches
- The Peanut Bar
- Mi Casa Su Casa Cafe & Restaurant
- Ridgewood Winery
- Salute Ristorante Italiano
- Governor Announces May 1 Statewide Reopening of Limited Outdoor Recreational Activities
- Trump signs historic $2 trillion stimulus bill
- How much will you receive from the stimulus? Use this calculator to find out.
- Pennsylvania primary election postponed
- PA schools to remain closed for remainder of academic year
- County by county COVID-19 cases
- Income tax filing deadline moved to July 15 from April 14
- Berks County lawmakers have closed their offices. Here’s how to reach them.
Other Helpful Resources
The Berks PPE Resource Network is an ad-hoc group of volunteers working day and night to inventory the many individuals and organizations that are using 3D printing technology to create face shields and PPE equipment in Berks.
- See our recent WFMZ feature and Reading Eagle article.
- To donate towards supplies: Donations can be placed online at the Berks Co. Community Foundation site. Write in the fund name: Science Research Institutes Fund.
- If you want to donate or create supplies, fill out this form.
- If you know someone that needs face shields, pass along this form.
- Head over to the Facebook Group.
- Join the Slack Conversationto connect with others.
- Stand for Small: A growing group of companies are dedicated to small business success during this troubling time. Companies are providing educational resources, network connections, offers and mentorship opportunities to help address your business needs.
- Find best practices for cleaning and sanitizing your work environment here
- How to manage stress and anxiety during time time
- Managing your credit through financial hardship