The City of Reading is home to more than 80,000 people and there are 630,000 people within a 20-mile radius. Because it is within driving distance to Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Baltimore and New York — Reading offers a lower cost of living with big-city amenities.
Reading Opportunity Zone
A majority of downtown Reading is in the designated Federal Opportunity Zone. Eligible investments in Opportunity Zones may include commercial real estate development and renovation, opening new businesses and expansion of existing businesses. Investing realized capital gains into Opportunity Zones has many benefits for individual or corporate taxpayers.
Interested in learning more? Contact Deb Millman at [email protected] or 610-898-7798.
Additional Incentives + Funding Opportunities
- Local Economic Revitalization Tax Act (LERTA) – Local
- New Market Tax Credits – Federal
- Historic Tax Credits – Federal and Commonwealth of PA
- Neighborhood Assistance Program, Enterprise Zone Tax Credit (NAP/EZP) – Commonwealth of PA
- Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP) – Commonwealth of PA
- Industrial Sites Reuse (ISR) – Commonwealth of PA
- Business in Our Sites (BIOS) – Commonwealth of PA
- Building PA – Commonwealth of PA
GRCA operates under a single principle — helping businesses grow and succeed in our community. Using our existing connections and available resources, we can direct you to exclusive financing opportunities to fund your business’s next project.
By the Numbers
Downtown Reading, PA Investments
Over the last 10+ years over $266 million dollars have been invested in numerous development projects in the downtown area.