2023 Building Berks Awards & Expo
The Greater Reading Chamber Alliance (GRCA) is thrilled to host the fourth Building Berks Awards & Expo on Wednesday, Oct. 25. The event spotlights and celebrates innovation, positive economic growth and development through construction projects across Berks County. The awards aim to celebrate all partners involved in the completion of the project—from the financial institution to the contractor to the municipality—GRCA wants to honor everyone involved in making projects come to fruition in our community!
GRCA is accepting nominations for eligible projects completed in the last two to three years with a completion date by or before July 31, 2023. Projects will be evaluated by a diverse panel of judges representing various industries and backgrounds and will evaluate economic and community impact, design, aesthetic and other factors. The nomination application period will close on Friday, Aug. 11.
The nomination categories will include:
- Adaptive Reuse
- Building Systems
- Historic Preservation/Restoration
- Placemaking – public space, public art, signage, etc.
- Sustainable Development – projects prioritizing environmental stewardship + green building practices
On the evening of Wednesday, Oct. 25, guests can enjoy hors d’oeuvres while viewing nominated projects, visit sponsor tables, and find out who will be 2023 Building Berks award recipients.
In 2021, we received twenty-five nominations for new construction or renovation projects. The nominated projects provided a snapshot into how the Greater Reading region continues to grow. The submitted projects represented:
- Over $123 million in total investment
- Nearly 2,000 construction jobs
- Over 700 jobs were created and retained
- Over 2.2 million total square-footage developed, renovated, or newly constructed