Reading Matters. The GRCA is bringing together the people, resources, and momentum to make downtown revitalization a reality.
The vision for downtown: a place where people want to live, work, and play. A place where businesses and entrepreneurs thrive and invest. Reading is steeped in history: from an industrial past to a railroad hub to a shopping destination. Reading’s future, however, is something we want to actively shape: a vibrant, diverse urban center that provides outstanding nightlife and dining, easy access to trails, and a thriving business community. The tools, resources, and people to make that vision a reality are all right here.
That’s why the Greater Reading Chamber Alliance, along with the City of Reading, the Berks Alliance, and the Berks County Community Foundation are leading efforts to revitalize our downtown. Here’s where we are focusing our efforts:
- Encourage and facilitate economic development to strengthen the downtown Reading commercial core and the surrounding neighborhoods;
- Attract and retain quality investment in downtown Reading;
- Cultivate an environment where businesses and entrepreneurs thrive in downtown Reading;
- Foster a positive perception of downtown Reading with the city viewed as a unique and attractive place for business, entertainment, and living.
Our plan for a vibrant, sustainable downtown Reading is here.
Three key strategies guide this vital work:
- Traditional economic development focus;
- Attraction/retention of new investment and businesses to downtown Reading;
- Improve and maintain a positive perception of downtown Reading.
Are you looking for properties in downtown Reading? Downtown Reading properties are available.
Are you thinking about downtown Reading for your business or next investment?
Contact Aaron Gantz MPA, Executive Director of Downtown Revitalization, at 610-898-7788 or 484-525-0513.
Looking for Penn Street Market information? Visit this website.
Reading’s future is taking shape- we’ll share updates right here.