Downtown Reading – Berks County’s Central Business District
The City of Reading is home to more than 95,000 people making the 4th most populous city in Pennsylvania. There are over 640,000 people within a 20-mile radius and within driving distance to Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Baltimore and New York — Reading offers a lower cost of living with big-city amenities.
Momentum is building in Downtown Reading with the addition of Alvernia University’s CollegeTowne at 401 Penn Street and the redevelopment of numerous properties with more in the pipeline. Over the last 10+ years over $266 million dollars have been invested in numerous development projects in the downtown area.
Be a part of the momentum! Our team can help you find your dream property and connect you to the resources to make it all come together.
How We Can Help
Downtown Real Estate – We can help you identify available space for lease and/or sale in downtown RDG.
Financing Opportunities – GRCA operates under a single principle — helping businesses grow and succeed in our community. Using our existing connections and available resources, we can direct you to exclusive financing opportunities to fund your business’s next project.
Introductions & Connections – We are happy to make introductions to other Downtown Reading business and/or property owners.
Downtown Data & Demographics – We want to arm you with the information you and your business need to succeed. In addition to regularly updated data, we can provide you with custom reports upon request.
Opportunity Zone – A majority of downtown Reading is in the designated Federal Opportunity Zone. Eligible investments in Opportunity Zones may include commercial real estate development and renovation, opening new businesses and expansion of existing businesses. Investing realized capital gains into Opportunity Zones has many benefits for individual or corporate taxpayers.
Penn Street Market – The Penn Street Market is an open-air, seasonal farmers market in the heart of downtown Reading, PA. The Market features local farm produce, fresh meats, baked goods, locally owned restaurants and food trucks, and more! The Greater Reading Chamber Alliance and the Market Team are committed to hosting a variety of family and nutritional programs in partnership with The Food Trust, featuring local musicians, kids crafts and highlighting community resources.
Downtown Reading, Penn. is open for business! The team at GRCA can help you find your dream property and connect you to the resources to make it all come together.
Here is What They are Saying
Keep up with downtown rdg in the news
- First Friday Returns to Reading
- Café de Colombia opens
- Visions Federal Credit Union to expand presence in downtown Reading
- BCTV finds new home on Penn Street
- Casa Cortes Mexican Grill opens
- Two Iconic Buildings in Reading Might get new Life
- Reading, PA named #4 on U.S. News Best Places to Live in Pennsylvania
- Reading Science Center opens at 645 Penn St.
- Reading Eagle Building (345 Penn St.) Under Agreement of Sale
- Alvernia University Announces Engineering Programs Part of Downtown Reading CollegeTowne
- Madison Building developer receives Zoning Exceptions to Move Redevelopment Project Forward
- Downtown Reading turns into an open air art gallery with murals adorning bus stops and parking garages
- Public Art: Beautification and Unity in Downtown Reading
- Sidewalk in the Heart of Downtown Reading Reopens
- Alvernia University Finalizes Purchase of 401 Penn Street
- Medical Marijuana, Beyond/Hello, Dispensary opens in Downtown Reading
- Different Market, Same Commitment to Community + Fresh Food
- Downtown Reading Facade Grant
- Reading Distilling Guild Tasting Room Opens in Downtown Reading