Advanced Manufacturing NextGen Industry Partnership
GRCA manages the NextGen Industry Partnership (IP) for Advanced Manufacturing in the Greater Reading region. This IP is driven by leaders in the manufacturing industry that have chosen to convene around shared challenges, opportunities and programming. With the support of educational partners and workforce development organizations, this public-private partnership brings all stakeholders to the table to create solutions for sustainable change to ensure economic growth and success.
Our local IP has designated three priorities for 2021. Each priority area has been assigned a committee of Action Team members, volunteering their time and talent to ensure that goals are met to move the needle for our community.
The Priority Action Teams are:
- Talent Attraction + Retention: Creating a more robust talent pipeline for manufacturing.
- Meet Greater RDG (MGR): Using MGR branding + tools to market our region as a great place to live, work, play and learn with a specific emphasis on careers in manufacturing.
- MFG Summit 2021: Planning our 2021 MFG Summit, which will celebrate our region’s manufacturers while providing best practices, keynote speakers, breakout sessions and more!
Benefits to being involved in an IP:
- Access to information, shared resources and best practices;
- Peer-to-peer programs to engage, network and collaborate;
- Incumbent-worker training and education funding/grant opportunities;
- Leadership opportunities for your employees to take part in;
- Participation in events geared towards recruitment and career exploration for K-12, CTC, college and trade students;
- Opportunities for exposure to regional initiatives and advocacy efforts.
Why NextGen Sector Partnerships?
To fully understand the structure and purpose of Industry Partnerships: watch this short video.
To get involved in GRCA’s NextGen Industry Partnership, please fill out this form. For more information, please contact [email protected].