By Rachael Romig, Senior Director of Events and Special Programs
The Dinner is the largest gathering of business leaders in Berks County. We invite you to join us for the 109th Annual Dinner on Wednesday, May 11. The evening will feature keynote speaker, Scott Hamilton and a celebration of the community’s top growth businesses. Join us as we celebrate with great food, drink and networking. If we have not convinced you yet to join us, check out these top 5 reasons you should attend The Dinner.
- Celebrating Business: The newly branded Business Excellence Awards is GRCA’s way of saying “Berks Businesses are the best!” and celebrating their work. We are excited to announce that the awards are now more inclusive to additional businesses. Companies, which are not headquartered in Berks County, but that can demonstrate at least 50% of its annual revenue is generated from Berks County also were eligible to apply. Many of our member businesses, which are not headquartered in Berks County, invest significantly into our local economy and deserve to be recognized. We encourage you to join us in celebrating the accomplishments of these businesses.
- Scott Hamilton: The evening’s keynote speaker is a best-selling author, four-time cancer survivor, television broadcaster and motivational speaker. As a champion and survivor, he is a constant reminder that anything is possible with faith, fortitude and determination. Pursuing excellence in his career and life, Hamilton believes it’s never too late to chase greatness. Attendees will be inspired by his mindset to reject average and finish first in all aspects of their lives.
- A Night Out: And a fancy one at that! Take this evening to dress a little nicer and enjoy your time with other professional contacts and friends. This year we are back at the Santander Arena, with ample networking space, a delicious meal and lots of exciting energy. At this time, masks will not be required for attendees, however, GRCA will monitor CDC recommendations closer to the time of the event.
- Networking: When was the last time you attended an in-person event with an agenda for yourself? This is THE event of the year to rub elbows and make new connections. Not interested in networking with new people? It’s okay, you can ease back by just enjoying the night with your colleagues!
- Inspiration: If Scott Hamilton is one thing, it is inspirational. From back flipping to gold to writing a book for children, to donating much of his time to give back to communities as a four-time cancer survivor, you will leave The Dinner feeling invigorated to make a positive change for yourself and others. And isn’t that just what the world needs right now?
The Dinner will be held at the Santander Arena on Wednesday, May 11 from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Members can attend for $165. The not-yet member price is $185. Admission includes Scott Hamilton’s keynote, the presentation of the Business Excellence Awards, the opportunity to network as well as dinner.
We hope to see you there! Click here to purchase your ticket for The Dinner.