By Katie Johnsen, Event Coordinator
Developing connections is at the heart of what we do at the Greater Reading Chamber Alliance (GRCA). We say it all the time – we are greater together. I’m thrilled to say that we’ll be bringing more people together this year through our networking events.
These networking events are exclusive to GRCA members, and mostly fall into one of three categories:
- Networking@Night, GRCA’s most popular networking event, offers members the opportunity to promote their business, products and services by hosting a reception after regular business hours. These may celebrate milestone events, or include interactive activities in addition to food, drinks and the chance to network with other members.
- Power Networking is all about making an impression. After lunch, attendees participate in quick networking rounds where they perfect their elevator pitches and connect with new people.
- Networking Experiences are all about using shared activities to create camaraderie. Last year these events included concerts, miniature golf and a Jeopardy® game!
This year, we’ve added more events and are pleased to announce that there will be at least one networking event every month! Look out for them from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the 4th Thursday of the month, with a couple of exceptions.
Mark your calendars now for:
- Jan. 26 – Networking@Night: Science Explorers
- Feb. 9 – Networking@Night: Berks · Fire · Water’s Annual Open House
- Feb. 23 – Networking Experience: Los Lobos at the Miller Center for the Arts
- March 23 – Special Event: Regional Networking Event at Bear Creek
- April 27 – Networking@Night: Fraser Advanced Information Systems
- May TBD – Signature Event: The Annual Dinner (the BIGGEST networking event of the year!)
- June 22 – Networking@Night: Members 1st Federal Credit Union
- July 27 – Power Networking
- Aug. 24 – Networking@Night: Shuman Development Group
- Sept. 28 – Networking@Night: Children’s Home of Reading
- Oct. 26 – Networking@Night: Tompkins Community Bank
- Nov. 16 – Networking Experience: Trivia Hunt at Berks History Center
- Dec. 21 – Power Networking
If you are interested in being added to the list for next year’s networking events, contact Katie Johnsen, Events Coordinator.