By Rachael Romig, Senior Director of Events and Special Programs
The Dinner is the largest gathering of business leaders in Berks County. The evening features a nationally known keynote speaker and the celebration of the community’s top growth businesses. This years theme is sure to knock your socks off! If networking, awards, food, drink and fun are not enough reason to join us, check out these top 5 reasons you should attend The Dinner.
- Celebrating Business Growth: If now isn’t the time to celebrate, then when is?! The Top Businesses and Top Entrepreneurs who will win this year have been through it all and will be acknowledged for their hard work. The top three winners in each category will be giving all attendees advice on how to deal when things get tough and continue forward, how they’ve changed the way they do business, and how that has created success for them. You’ll be given some great takeaways.
- Sarah Thomas: A woman of many firsts – she was the first female referee to ever work a major college football game, the first woman to officiate a bowl game, and the first to referee in a Big Ten stadium. She is also the first permanent female NFL official, and now she’s sharing essential leadership lessons from her journey to the top of a male-dominated industry and vital insights on shattering the glass ceiling in the world of professional sports that can be applied to any field or industry. As an exemplar of what’s possible if you believe, Sarah brings audiences wisdom on breaking through in your own career, from staying focused under pressure and creating change to managing work-life balance and being the best you can be.
- A Night Out: It’s time to get out with your friends and colleagues for an event that celebrates all the great things happening in Berks County. Find a babysitter, grab an Uber, put on a nice outfit (yoga pants not permitted!) as if you are going to a show! You will be entertained all night long and hearing from a new speaker is always exciting. It’s even a night out for students who will be joining us to hear from Sarah Thomas.
- Get in the Game: Whether you are a football fan or not, joining the Dinner will give you the feeling of “being at the game.” From our VIP Suite to meet Sarah Thomas before the awards show, to the VIP Lounges preferred seating and high-top bar style tables, everyone will have the best view just like at the game. During cocktail hour, you will also enjoy the cheerleading show and selfie opportunities. And enjoy football swag!
- Tailgating: It’s always one of our favorite parts of the game, am I right? The tailgate is where the fun really gets started and we couldn’t miss that chance. You’ll be impressed by our upscale take on tailgating for appetizers, dinner, mingling and décor. We are bringing the fun this year. But don’t worry – your party suit and night out cocktail dress will fit perfectly in for what we have planned for you.
We hope to see you there! Click here to purchase your ticket for The Dinner.