By Audrey Krupiak, Digital Marketing Coordinator
The Greater Reading Chamber Alliance (GRCA) connects you with a community of individuals (or friends) committed to the growth and vitality of Berks County. As I write that sentence the song “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” by Randy Newman popped into my head. With two boys ages six and three at home you can imagine I hear this song on repeat, as it is used as the theme song for 1995 Disney/Pixar animated film “Toy Story.”
We make personal and professional connections through friendships. These friendships are formed with people who you see regularly or share an interest with, such as a coworker with whom you share coffee in the lunchroom. With nearly 900 active members, GRCA brings together top business leaders to form connections. GRCA connects its members in a few of the following ways:
- The Berks Family Business Alliance (Berks FBA), a special program of the GRCA, is a leading resource in Berks County serving family owned and closely held businesses of all sizes. Berks FBA provides diverse programming and numerous interactive opportunities to local businesses so you can connect with like-minded individuals and share challenges. Learn more and join>
- Women2Women (W2W) is GRCA’s catalyst for developing women leaders and connecting women from diverse backgrounds to learn, share ideas and mentor each other. W2W offers a forum for women to create connections while gaining knowledge and building strategic alliances that foster personal and career growth. Learn more and join>
- GRCA convenes the Manufacturing Industry Partnership (IP) for Advanced Manufacturing in the Greater Reading region. This IP is driven by leaders in the manufacturing industry that have chosen to meet and connect around shared challenges, opportunities and programming. Learn more and join>
- GRCA serves as a beacon for pro-business policies. The cornerstone of GRCA’s advocacy work is providing a bridge between federal, state and local officials. GRCA helps elected officials understand the challenges businesses face, while providing business-friendly solutions to regulatory, legislative and workforce issues. Working with members and the community, GRCA keeps everyone connected and engaged in building a healthy, competitive business community. Learn more>
- GRCA hosts about 150 events each year. In 2021, there were 3,979 registered attendees to GRCA events. That’s 3,979 potential connections to help grow your business. View all GRCA’s upcoming events>
As the song lyrics go, “You got troubles, I’ve got ’em too. There isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for you. We stick together and see it through, ‘Cause you’ve got a friend in me.”
If you got business troubles, there likely is another GRCA member going through the same difficulties. Come make connections and work together through those challenges. As a business community, we are greater together.
Join our community as a GRCA member and make invaluable connections and maybe even new friends. To join GRCA, contact Julie Larison, Senior Director of Membership Services at JLarison@GreaterReading.org or 610-898-7785.